Sunday, January 22, 2012

January REVolutions: How Am I Doing?




As week 3 of January draws to a close, I thought I would review my Personal Growth goals for the month and see how well I’m doing. 

  • New blog: This is going pretty well. My goal was to blog twice a week, so I’m just about on track though I find it easier to do my book reviews than to come up with something new and interesting to say.
  •  52 Books in 52 Weeks: Right on target (see above).
  • FlyLady: Not doing so well with this. Somehow the house seems to continually take a back seat to everything else in my life, but I have managed to keep things in relative order, and my sink is shiny!
  • Discover-a-town: We decided on Kent, and I did my investigation. We’ve set a date for Jan. 28 to actually visit, weather permitting.
  •  Laughter: This seems to be coming from all sorts of unexpected areas, including my friends’ Facebook postings, Twitter, cartoons and – as always – the news. Being alert to the funny stuff in ordinary life has helped too.
  •  Music: Spotify and Pandora have enhanced my musical life this month, and I hope to be able to continue exploring even more options in the next few weeks. Interestingly, a few moments after writing this, I received an email from Amazon telling me about a new John Tesh CD called “Ultimate Praise” that features “uplifting praise songs to encourage the soul.” That fit so nicely with my February focus on spirituality, that I couldn’t resist ordering it.
  •  Prayer/Meditation: I’ve got a new prayer every morning: “Hey God, we’re gonna have a great day!” That seems to set things off on a much more positive note than “Dear God, please let me get through this day!” And it seems to be working. More on this subject in February, which will be dedicated to spirituality.

All in all, not a bad start to the year. Stay tuned!

1 comment: